- Provides unique antioxidants
- Increases antioxidant bioavailability
- Protects against oxidative stress
- Activates Calorie Restriction Factor (CRF)
There are many species of antioxidants, but not all are created equal. Although Pterostilbene is a phenol that is chemically related to Resveratrol it differs by increased bioavailability and and a well-defined activity in the body.
Pterostilbene is isolated from the stem heartwood of Pterocarpus marsupium while resveratrol is extracted from the root of Reynoutria japonica (synonyms Fallopia japonica and Polygonum cuspidatum). Although they are both antioxidants, resveratrol and pterostilbene complement each other by the outcomes of their specific antioxidant effects.
- The antioxidant effect of resveratrol provides for activation of calorie restriction mimetic and telomere maintenance factors with main outcomes being cardiovascular and anti-aging effects.
- Pterostilbene acts as an antioxidant by activating AMPK (AMP-activated protein kinase) that regulates energy metabolism, and by activating Sirtuin 1. Obesity and aging diminish Sirtuin 1. Sirtuin 1 is NAD dependent, therefore increasing NAD+ levels can enhance the effect of pterostilbene.
SIRT1 is one of the most important transcriptional factors that drives many cellular activities, like energy metabolism, cell survival, DNA stability, inflammation, and circadian rhythms.
The added Quercetin is itself an antioxidant complementing Resveratrol and Pterostilbene. At the same time when Quercetin and Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) are associated with Resveratrol and Pterostilbene, the overall bioavailability of these antioxidants can be potentiated. Added specialized Piperine extract – Bioperine® (Sabinsa Corp.) – helps to increase resveratrol delivery.
Each 2 Vegetarian Capsules Contain:
Pterostilbene (Pterocarpus marsupium) 100 mg
Resveratrol (Reynoutria japonica) 100 mg
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) 200 mg
Quercetin (Sophora japonica) 39 mg
BioPerine® (Piperine from Piperum nigrum) 14 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate. Capsule shell: hypromellose (vegetarian gelatin)
Does not contain: Egg, gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours or colors.
Adults take 2 capsules 1 time per day or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are taking any other medications or natural health products, as resveratrol and piperine may alter their effectiveness. Some people may experience an increase in appetite. For occasional use only. Consult a healthcare practitioner for a use beyond 8 weeks. Do not use if seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children. Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place at 15–25ºC.