The DivaCup is a reusable bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow. Menstrual cups have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet its breakthrough into the feminine hygiene industry is much more recent.
Many women feel uneasy about changing their menstrual care routine. Years of dealing with the sights and odors of disposable tampons and pads cause the familiar reaction: "ick!". The DivaCup empowers women to connect with their bodies and menstrual cycles like never before. Perfect for all activities (air land or sea) its easy care and use make for a better period experience. Wear The DivaCup for up to 12 hours without leaks or worry.
The DivaCup Features:
- 12 hour leak-free protection!The DivaCup
- Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability.
- Does not contain any of the following: latex plastic PVC acrylic acrylate BPA phthalate elastomer polyethylene and free of colors and dyes.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste no chemicals.
- Features extra grip ridges for easier removal.
- Cleared for marketing by the US FDA and the Australian TGA and the only reusable menstrual cup allowed to be sold in Canada by Health Canada.
- Diva International Inc. is the only ISO 13485:2003 certified menstrual cup manufacturer and head office in the world!
Your cup size is stamped on the inside rim of the cup. There is a small difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8″ (~0.3 cm) smaller) but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage.
Model 0: Recommended for ages 19 and up.
Model 1: Recommended for women under the age of 30 who have never delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
Model 2: Recommended for women age 30 and over and/or for women who have delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
There is not a big difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8″ (~0.3 cm) smaller) but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage. We recommend Model 2 if you are 30 years old or older even if you have not had vaginal childbirth or a c-section because as we age our hips naturally widen and the vaginal muscles lose elasticity. Because the vaginal muscles hold The DivaCup in place it is important to use Model 2 if you are over 30 even if you have not had children.
Please note: if you find tampons and routine pelvic/vaginal exams to be uncomfortable it may be best to first consult with your health care provider as the Model 1 cup may be right for you. Our model sizes are recommended but since women come in all shapes and sizes it is difficult to determine the vaginal size.