Our Valerian Tincture is a calmative/sedative that acts as a sleep aid and also helps to relieve nervousness.
- Considered a nervine herb, i.e. part of a class of herbs that tonifies, calms, and heals the nervous system
- Mild sedative and sleep-promoting agent
- Good for states of nervous excitation and anxiety-induced sleep disturbances
- Found in clinical trials to be as effective as benzodiazepines in aiding sleep
- Does not have the untoward side-effects of drugs
Adults: Take 2.4-4 mL (72-120 drops) 1-3 times daily in a little water on an empty stomach. Alternatively, as a sleep aid, a dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime. An earlier dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken during the evening if necessary.
Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery or driving a motor vehicle within 2 hours of consumption.