During the winter months, many of us may find ourselves slipping into “survival mode”, where our usual healthy eating habits are replaced with comfort foods, extra drinks, and take-out. While that can bring us temporary joy, in the long run, it is causing stress and inflammation in our bodies.
So, if you are experiencing any of the following, you may benefit from a detox:
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Mood Swings
- Lack of Energy
- Trouble Sleeping
- Feeling Bloated
- Living or Working Around Environmental Pollutants
Spring is the time of year when the world around us is reborn and filled with new life and possibilities. As such, it is the ideal time to get back on track with a detox program in order to restore balance and wellness. A detox program can help to rid the body of toxins, clear the mind, and boost energy levels. It can also promote healthy eating habits and create an overall sense of well-being.
Before we dive into a detox program, it's important to understand why detoxing is beneficial for our health. Every day we are exposed to many toxins from our environment, water, food, air, and personal care products. Detoxing helps to rid our bodies of toxins, improve our digestive system, boost our immune system, and even reduce stress.
We all know that the liver is our major organ of detoxification, together with the kidneys, skin, lungs, lymphatic system, and of course our gastrointestinal tract.
Let’s take a look at the liver detoxification pathways:
- Phase I: Phase I liver detox is a process that takes place in the liver and involves a group of enzymes known as the cytochrome P450 system that help break down and metabolize toxins in the body. During this phase, toxins are converted into water-soluble substances and can be more easily eliminated from the body through the kidneys, skin, and gastrointestinal tract.
- Phase II: Phase II liver detoxification involves a set of biochemical reactions that further break down the toxic compounds. These reactions are known as conjugation reactions, and they involve adding molecules like glucuronic acid, glycine, sulfate, and glutathione to the toxic compounds. This makes the toxins more water-soluble, so they can be eliminated from the body in the urine or bile. In addition to these conjugation reactions, Phase II liver detoxification also involves processes like acetylation, methylation, and amino acid conjugation.
- Phase III: Phase III liver detox is the final stage of liver detoxification. It involves the transfer of toxins from the liver to other organs and tissues for elimination from the body. During this phase, the liver combines the toxins with other molecules to create water-soluble molecules that can be quickly excreted through the kidneys, bowels, skin, and lungs. This phase also involves the production of bile to help eliminate toxins via the intestines.
To ensure optimal liver function, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stress management. It is also important to avoid alcohol and unnecessary drugs, as these can interfere with the liver’s ability to detoxify.
Don't worry if this all sounds overwhelming - Metagenics Clear Change is here to support all 3 phases of liver detoxification. This product is designed to provide the body with a comprehensive blend of nutrients that support the body’s natural detoxification pathways, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, and herbs. It also features specialized ingredients to support the body’s natural alkalinization and heavy metal metabolism processes. In addition, the formula includes a unique blend of botanical extracts to support the body’s natural detoxification systems.
In addition to the supplement component, this program also includes:
- a guide with tips for success
- 3-step program
- eating guidelines
- recommended food list
- and sample menus with recipes
Ready to jumpstart your health journey and kick-start your metabolism? Start your journey to feeling more energized today with the Metagenics Clear Change 10-day detox program!