5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid related to both L-tryptophan and serotonin. Trophic’s 5-HTP is derived from the seeds of a West African legume called Griffonia simplicifolia. It helps to promote healthy mood balance and helps to relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia. 5-HTP may also help to reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a prophylactic. It can help in weight management by reducing carbohydrate cravings. 5-HTP also acts as a sleep aid.
- Helps to promote healthy mood balance
- Helps to relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a preventative (prophylactic)
- To be used with a program of reduced intake of dietary calories and increased physical activity (if possible) to help in weight management by reducing carbohydrate cravings
- Used as a sleep aid
- Calming neuro-nutrient to improve mood and relieve chronic stress.