- Traditionally used to support stress response and adrenal glands
- Studied for its effect on stamina and athletic performance
- Supports healthy hormone balance
- Treated maca for less starch content less bloating and better absorption
- Maca the traditional Peruvian superfood has been used for thousands of years to support healthy hormones and energy levels. It now passes its strength on to you. Organika’s maca is gently treated to increase digestibility and absorption.
The root vegetable Lepidium meyenii (maca) is a member of the cruciferous family that also includes broccoli cauliflower and kale. In the high altitudes of the Andes Mountains where our maca root is grown the harsh environment has shaped this superfood to be tough enough to withstand any environmental challenge. It passes its strength on to you. The roots are carefully selected then washed before they are cut cooked dried and made ready for milling.
It is widely recognized that maca can help to support the emotional aspects of sexual health and libido which are vital for fertility and a healthy sex life. It lowers inflammation while efficiently invigorating boosting and elevating a healthy lifestyle.
In women maca supplementation has been studied to help normalize the symptoms of premenstrual/menstrual symptoms as well as the symptoms of menopause including hot flashes night sweats cramps fatigue and lethargy. Stress levels and emotional states are also balanced. Maca supports healthy bone structure which can decrease with age and lowering estrogen levels.
In men maca is used to promote healthy testosterone levels which helps improve strength vitality hair health higher bone mass density and sexual drive.