When we feel stress the body responds as though we are being chased by a lion. It jumps into a ‘fight-or-flight’ state and releases a cocktail of hormones from the adrenal glands including cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones redirect blood flow to large muscle groups increase our breathing and heart rate and give us a boost of energy. This response is meant to help us survive when we’re threatened and it would be very helpful if we were actually face-to-face with a lion.
The problem is that the body can’t tell the difference between being chased by a lion and being stuck in traffic or facing a tight deadline so it responds in the same way. When we’re faced with stressful situations day in and day out the body thinks we’re being chased by a lion all the time.
The opposite of being in fight-or-flight (sympathetic nervous system state) is called ‘rest-and-digest’ (parasympathetic nervous system state). The body cannot exist in both states at the same time and it should only enter fight-or-flight on rare occasions. However most of us face a multitude of stressors each day and burning the candle at both ends takes a toll on our mental and physical health.
The most important way to reduce cortisol and minimize these fight-or-flight reactions is to reduce stress. Unfortunately that is not always possible so supplementation can help your body cope with stress more effectively. STRESS-FX is formulated to help us maintain our healthy rest-and-digest state. It helps us alleviate stress by lowering cortisol levels and it promotes relaxation through boosting our calming hormone GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid). STRESS-FX improves mental clarity anxiety and memory while helping us to recover more quickly from the physical and mental stressors of daily life.
Rhodiola Root Extract (Rhodiola rosea) 3% Rosavins 1% Salidroside
- Adaptogenic meaning it lowers cortisol to enhance our ability to cope with stress2.
- Boosts energy increases mental clarity and improves anxiety and low mood23.
- Reduces stress-related symptoms improves low mood and anxiety and improves cognitive function by targeting glutamate receptors in the brain which stimulates the release of our feel-good hormones: GABA serotonin and dopamine4.
- Promotes relaxation and assists with falling asleep reduces sleep disturbance4.
KSM-66 Ashwaghanda Root (Withania somnifera) 12:1 Extract 5% withanolines
- Reduces cortisol levels thereby improving feelings of stress and anxiety5.
- Improves memory and cognitive function helping us to focus and think more clearly6.
- KM-66 is a high concentration extract of the most biologically active components of the Ashwaghanda herb providing a greater benefit to the body than other formulations.
GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)
- An inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain meaning it promotes feelings of calm and relaxation by taking us out of fight-or-flight and putting us into a rest-and-digest state7.
- Reduces anxiety and improves quality of sleep by regulating our deep-sleep states 8.
Passionflower Herb Top (Passiflora incarnata) 10:1 Extract
- Promotes relaxation and significantly improves nervousness and anxiety through boosting GABA levels in the brain9.
Schisandra Fruit (Schisandra chinensis) 10:1 Extract
- Adaptogenic meaning it supports our ability to cope with stress and promotes relaxation through acting on the serotonin pathway10.
Skullcap Herb Top (Scutellaria lateriflora) 4:1 Extract
- Reduces stress and anxiety through stimulating GABA receptors in the brain to promote relaxation
VitaminTree offers FREE Expedited shipping, with no order minimum, on all orders shipped within Canada.
Please see our Shipping and Return Policy for more details