The liver is our most important detoxifying organ. It is masterful at identifying toxins and neutralizing them so that they can be safely excreted from the body. Toxins include chemicals food additives alcohol caffeine and medications. The liver is also responsible for detoxing our hormones and end-products of metabolism. It also stores glucose for energy production and produces bile to help us break down and digest fatty foods.
There are two phases of liver detoxification and each requires vitamins proteins and minerals to work effectively. In Phase 1 enzymes called Cytochromes add an oxygen molecule to the toxin which prepares it to enter Phase 21. This is called oxidation and it actually makes the toxin MORE harmful to the body. It’s a “take one step back to take two steps forward” type of process. In Phase 2 we deactivate the toxin through a process called conjugation1. This neutralizes the toxin so that it can be excreted safely by the colon or bladder.
LIV-GREAT provides the liver with daily support by boosting its detox capacity and helping to protect it from damage. It contains nutrients and herbs to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of liver detoxification and it promotes the production of bile to improve the elimination of toxins. It also contains powerful antioxidants to protect and heal the liver from damage.
- Protects the liver from damage by preventing toxins from binding to liver tissue3.
- Boosts Phase 1 detoxification resulting in improved liver markers on lab testing3.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation3.
- Increases levels of glutathione in the liver which is one of the most important factors in Phase 2 detoxification4.
- Significantly improves the function of liver resulting in improved liver enzyme parameters on lab testing4.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation5.
- Enhances liver function through boosting Phase 2 detoxification6.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation6.
- DL is an easily absorbed and biologically active form of the nutrient.
- Source of sulphur required for Phase 2 detoxification.
- Reduces fat accumulation in liver cells to support a healthy structure of the liver thereby improving liver function7.
- Improves cholesterol and helps to balance blood sugar levels8.
- Protects liver cells from damage through its antioxidant activity9.
- Improves liver function by boosting liver enzyme activity and improving detoxification pathways9.
- Increases the flow of bile from the liver which promotes the elimination of toxins and lowers cholesterol10.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage1011.
- Supports Phase 2 detoxification by increasing the activity of our most important detoxifier glutathione12.
- Boosts Phase 2 detoxification through increasing liver enzyme function and glutathione activity13.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage14.
- Assists with proliferation of liver cells helping it to heal from damage15.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity that heals and protect the liver from damage16.