Gut health is the foundation of our overall health. Our digestive system allows us to break down and absorb nutrients (and energy) from food and eliminate toxins from the body. It is also the control centre of our immune system and produces many of our hormones including serotonin and dopamine which impact our mood sleep appetite and the nervous system. The gut lining is like a neighbourhood made up of houses along a street. If we have a good neighbourhood there are people living in each home who take care of their yards and go to work to contribute to society as a whole. Cars may drive down the street in this neighbourhood but they only pull into driveways and enter homes if they’re invited guests.
A healthy digestive tract is very similar! There are single cells lining the digestive tract populated by beneficial gut bacteria that ensure the gut lining functioning in a healthy way and who have jobs to benefit the body including immune system and hormone functioning. The gut lining selectively absorbs nutrients from the contents passing through the digestive tract and the rest continues on its way to be excreted from the body.
When the gut lining is inflamed it’s like we have a bad gut neighbourhood. The good neighbours have left and squatters have moved in. They don’t take care of the properties and don’t contribute positively to their communities. Uninvited guests might break into houses and cause issues throughout the neighbourhood. In an unhealthy digestive system there is often an overgrowth of unhealthy bacteria or yeast that contributes to inflammation in the gut lining. We refer to this as ‘leaky gut syndrome’. This limits the digestive tract from carrying out its normal functions resulting in symptoms throughout the body.
Leaky gut can be caused by antibiotic use eating inflammatory and processed foods some medications contracting traveller’s diarrhea prolonged stress. These factors can negatively alter the gut flora resulting in inflammation in the digestive tract.
When our digestive tract is inflamed we may experience bloating gas heartburn nausea abdominal discomfort constipation diarrhea or mucous in the stool. If we have prolonged issues with our digestion it leads to whole-body symptoms including fatigue anxiety depression frequent cold and flu and inflammatory issues like eczema acne joint pain and autoimmune diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
GUT-FX is the ultimate formula to heal inflammation and restore our gut-neighbourhood. It provides the building blocks that your body needs to repair the lining of the intestinal tract. It contains herbs to reduce inflammation and soothe digestion and probiotics to support a healthy gut flora. GUT-FX provides a well-rounded approach to supporting gut health which improves our ability to absorb nutrients eliminate toxins balance the immune system and support neurological hormones.
- The most abundant building block in the intestinal lining helping to rebuild and support the integrity of the intestinal wall2.
- Reduces inflammation in the digestive tract targeting the inflammatory component of autoimmune digestive conditions including Celiac Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis to improve digestive symptoms in these conditions2.
- Boosts the release of mediators that rebuild the structure of the intestinal wall3.
- Increases blood flow to the digestive tract bringing oxygen and nutrients to aid in the repair and maintenance of the intestinal tract3.
Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis) 10:1 Extract
- Soothes the digestive lining to improve symptoms of gastritis digestive upset and IBS4.
- Anti-inflammatory activity to protect the gut lining from damage caused by inflammation5.
Aloe Vera Leaf Gel (Aloe barbadensis) 200:1 Extract
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity to protect and heal the gut lining from damage caused by inflammation6.
- Metabolized by healthy gut bacteria to promote a robust microbiome environment6.
Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra – stem bark inner)
- Soothes the digestive lining to improve symptoms of gastritis digestive upset and IBS7.
- Antioxidant activity to heal the gut lining from damage resulting in symptom improvements people with IBD78.
Lactobacillus Acidophilus – Whole Cell LA-14
- Colonises the small intestine to support a healthy gut microbiome and protect against the growth of unhealthy bacteria in the digestive tract9.
- Helps to positively modulate the immune system910.
Bifidobacterium Animalis subsp Lactis – Whole Cell B-04
- Colonises the large intestine to support a healthy gut microbiome and protect against the growth of unhealthy bacteria in the digestive tract10.
- Reduces symptoms of bloating discomfort and irregular bowel habits in people with IBS1011.